Monday, April 12, 2010

A Moment in Time

I have not yet had a chance to load pictures from Isaac's 4th birthday, but our little boy is indeed four and we had a marvelous day together as a family! Pictures will be coming.

Tonight I am focusing on this particular moment in time. The NOW. Nothing particularly special about it, it is much like many moments in my life. But I think the point is to cherish even the normal moments of my life with young children. Here are some of the particulars of this moment I hold dear.

There are two lego firefighter sleeping on the window because Isaac declared that as the place they will sleep. One is holding an ax in case of emergency and the other has a hose close at hand. He made sure they were there so they could keep me safe just in case.

Eli is asleep after waking once. He was fussing around and I went to pick him up and instantly he was grinning at me with his huge dimple shining in the nightlight. My heart sang.

Hannah has a reading chart that she made ready to add stickers to as she read chapter books because she has decided it is time to challenge herself in her reading. She told me it was time to read harder books because she wants to be an even better reader. My 6 year old makes me want to find areas in my life to challenge myself and grow.

Aaron was doing origami with his class today and made me an origami heart that stands up. I now have it sitting in the window of the kitchen above the sink. Such a sweet thing from a wonderful man.

So, through all my exhaustion and times of frustration as I endeavor to be a good wife, mommy and teacher, God is whispering in my ear. He is reminding me to be still and take notice of the moments in time that mean so much. He is filling me with peace as He reminds me that the JOY of the the Lord is my strength. And I am humbled as I remember just how blessed I am. I have a wonderful family, a man of integrity by my side who is my partner is every area of my life. I have three amazing children with such wonderful personality who love Jesus. I have a job with people who lift me up and encourage me everyday. I work with incredible families and children and I am able to have my children close by me as I work. I could go on and on.

Yes indeed, GOD IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment