Thursday, September 16, 2010
One of Those Weeks
Every once in awhile a week comes along that just about takes the wind out of me... this has been one of those weeks. I seriously begin to questions my sanity whether or not I am cut out for all the responsibilities of my life. This usually happens after a couple of days of sleep deprivation, as is the case this week. Eli is not an "easy" sick baby. He does not sleep well when feeling ill as I discovered this week. Isaac has also been sick and seemed to wake up at night just as Eli would fall asleep. I've been trying to keep Hannah healthy as she is having her tonsils removed tomorrow. This is stressful for me and I'm feeling guilty that I won't be at the hospital with her. It is not a good place for Eli to hang out for the entire morning and maybe more. And since he does not take a bottle, he must remain close to mommy. Hannah is content with Aaron being with her at the hospital, but I still feel bad about not being there. On top of all of the home stuff, I'm trying to find my new groove with getting preschool stuff accomplished. When I was commuting, we would eat at the church and I would have the boys nap at the church while I worked. This is not happening this year as we live 5 minutes away. I'm struggling to find time to get everything done. There are just times when I feel like I am barely getting by as a mom, as a wife, as a teacher, as a nurse, as a maid, as and errand runner and as every other responsibility I have. I know this is just a stressful week and sleep will put it all in perspective. I feel better even just typing it out. Sigh. I stop and try to remember that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, but right now I feel somewhat weak... good thing I have my Savior holding me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are an amazing mom, an amazing teacher, and are amazing in every aspect of your life. Those stressful weeks are the hardest! When just one part goes crazy, everything seems to follow! Hopefully you're back in the groove soon!
ReplyDeleteThanks Amber. I'm feeling better this week as Hannah is on the mend and I'm getting a little more sleep! I'm glad "those" weeks are few and far between!
ReplyDelete